Helps to regulate cholesterol levels
Melacol is a food supplement containing polyphenolic extract of PGI Annurca Campana Apple (Annurcomplex®) and Olive leaf dry extract, which promotes lipid metabolism.
A retrospective observational study conducted at the Department of Surgery of the University of Modena on patients with mild or moderate hypercholesterolaemia treated with Melacol showed a reduction in total cholesterol (TC) and LDL and a reduction in cardiovascular risk markers. No adverse effects were reported throughout the duration of treatment. The beneficial effect on lipid metabolism is obtained by combining the two extracts, which regulate cellular oxidative stress and the uptake of cholesterol molecules.
- AnnurComplex® concentrated polyphenolic extract of PGI Annurca Campana Apple
- Olive leaf dry extract (titrated at 20% in oleuropein)
- anti-caking agents: micronised silica, magnesium stearate
PROPERTIES OF THE INGREDIENTS:
- AnnurComplex®: nutraceutical product containing concentrated polyphenolic extract of PGI Annurca Campana Apple useful for maintaining normal blood cholesterol levels.
Properties of Annurcomplex:
• produced in Italy
• whole supply chain
• absence of side effects typical of the medicinal products and extracts (e.g., red rice) most commonly used to treat hypercholesterolaemia
• recent studies have shown that the polyphenolic fraction (mainly flavonoids) of the apple has beneficial effects on health including:
• regulation of lipid metabolism
• regulation of glucose absorption
• microcirculation benefits
- Olive leaf dry extract titrated at 20% in oleuropein, a compound with marked anti-radical activity against oxidised LDL cholesterol, far more potent than other anti-oxidant compounds, including vitamin E. Oleuropein is also a recognised regulator of plasma concentrations of TC, LDL cholesterol and HDL cholesterol.
Properties of Oleuropein:
• spasmolytic in the intestinal smooth muscle
• These actions seem to be mainly due to the flavonoids, phenols and secoiridoids (oleuropeoside with hypotensive activity) contained in the plant
HOW TO USE:
The recommended dose is one capsule twice a day, preferably with meals
vegetable cellulose capsules
|AVERAGE CONTENT OF CHARACTERISING INGREDIENTS||PER DAILY DOSE (2 CAPSULES)|
|Annurca Apple AnnurComplex®||605 mg|
|Olive leaf dry extract titrated at 20%||384 mg|
|Oleuropein content||76,8 mg|