Support and modulation of the immune system
Food supplement containing organically grown Agaricus Blazei Murrill (ABM) (IT BIO 006) – Made in Europe.
Numerous studies have revealed that ABM has pronounced immunomodulatory effects that act on the cells of the innate or non-specific immune system. Micotherapy ABM formulated with Agaricus blazei Murrill, stimulates the body’s natural defences. Its action is exerted mainly on the organs that come into direct contact with the external environment, such as the respiratory organs in contact with the air we breathe and the digestive system in contact with the food we eat and the substances that must be detoxified and eliminated.
Originally from the mountainous region of Piedade, Brazil, Agaricus Blazei Murril (ABM) was discovered during an epidemiological study which reported the low incidence of degenerative diseases and an increase in longevity among the inhabitants of this region, who regularly consumed this mushroom, compared to people in the surrounding areas. ABM contains proteins (38.5%), polysaccharides, glycoproteins, triterpenes, ergosterols and other secondary metabolites, and is also rich in minerals (calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium), B-complex vitamins (B1, B2, B6, B12) and precursors of vitamin D (ergosterols). In addition, it contains high amounts of beta-glucans and glycoproteins, response modulators that stimulate macrophage activity and help support the body’s defence against infections.
- Organically grown Agaricus Blazei Murrill (ABM) (IT BIO 006), sporophorum and dry extract titrated at 25 % in polysaccharides
3 capsules per day, preferably away from meals
pack containing 90 capsules
vegetable cellulose capsules
ICEA Organic certified product
Made in Europe
|AVERAGE CONTENT OF CHARACTERISING INGREDIENTS||PER DAILY DOSE (4 CAPSULES)|
Agaricus Blazei sporophorum
Agaricus Blazei dry extract
- Richard W, et al. Agaricus subrufescens, a cultivated edible and medicinal mushroom, and its synonyms Mycologia. 2005 Jan-Feb;97(1):12-24
- F. Firenzuoli, et al. The Medicinal Mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill: Review of Literature and Pharmaco-Toxicological Problems. Evid. Based Complement. Altern. Med., Mar 2008; 5: 3 – 15
- Soares AA et al. Antioxidant activity and total phenolic content of Agaricus brasiliensis (Agaricus blazei Murril) in two stages of maturity. Food Chem (2009) 112:775–781
- Hetland G et al. Effects of the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill on immunity, infection and cancer. Scand J Immunol (2008) 68:363–370
- Hetland G et al. The mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill elicits medicinal effects on tumor, infection, allergy, and inflammation through its modulation of innate immunity and amelioration of Th1/Th2 imbalance and inflammation. Adv Pharmacol Sci (2011) 2011:157015
- Kuroiwa Y et al Lack of subchronic toxicity of an aqueous extract of Agaricus blazei Murrill in F344 rats. Food Chem Toxicol (2005) 43:1047–1053
- Kawagishi H et al. Fractionation and antitumor activity of the water-insoluble residue of Agaricus blazei fruiting ?bodies. Carbohydr Res 1989;186:267–73
- Camelini CM, Maraschin M, de Mendonca MM, Zucco C, Ferreira AG, Tavares LA. Structural characterization of b-glucans of Agaricus brasiliensis in different stages of fruiting body maturity and their use in nutraceutical products. Biotechnol Lett 2005;27:1295–9
- T Sumiya, Y Ikeda, A Broadmeadow, K May, L Pritchard, C Horne, and B Burlinson. Himematsutake (Iwade Strain 101) extract (ABM-FD): genetic toxicology and a 3-month dietary toxicity study in rats. Food Chem Toxicol, Jun 2008; 46(6): 1949-59
- Y Kuroiwa, A Nishikawa, T Imazawa, K Kanki, Y Kitamura, T Umemura, and M Hirose. Lack of subchronic toxicity of an aqueous extract of Agaricus blazei Murrill in F344 rats. Food Chem Toxicol, Jul 2005; 43(7): 1047-53
- Smiderle FR, et al. Polysaccharides from Agaricus bisporus and Agaricus brasiliensis show similarities in their structures and their immunomodulatory effects on human monocytic THP-1 cells BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011, 11:58 doi:10.1186/1472-6882-11-58. ?
- Tryggestad AMA, et al. The medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill promotes NF-κB activation via stimulation of TLR2 and inhibits its activation via TLR4. J Pharm Biomed Sci 2013, April 29(29): /53-761. (Article no 7)
- Ellertsen LK et al. An extract of the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill can protect against allergy. Clin Mol Allergy (2009) 7:6 ?
- Liu Y et al. Immunomodulating activity of Agaricus brasiliensis KA21 in mice and in human volunteers. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med (2008) 5:205–219 ?
- Sorimachi K et al. Secretion of TNF-α, IL-8 and nitric oxide by macrophages activated with Agaricus blazei Murill fractions in vitro. Cell Struct Funct (2001) 26:103–108
- Johnson E et al. Effect of an extract based on the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei murill on release of cytokines, chemokines and leukocyte growth factors in human blood ex vivo and in vivo. Scand J Immunol (2009) 69:242–250
- Lima CU et al. Agaricus blazei Murrill and inflammatory mediators in elderly women: a randomized clinical trial. Scand J Immunol (2012) 75:336–341?
- Lima CU et al. Does the Agaricus blazei Murill mushroom have properties that affect the immune system? An integrative review. J Med Food (2011) 14:2–8?
- Kasai H, et al. IL-12 Production Induced by Agaricus blazei Fraction H (ABH) Involves Toll-like Receptor (TLR). Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2004;1:259–67
- Bernardshaw S, et al. An extract of the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill differentially stimulates production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in human monocytes and human vein endothelial cells in vitro. Inflammation 2005;29:147–53
- Kim GY, et al. Effect of water-soluble proteoglycan isolated from Agaricus blazei on the maturation of murine bone mar- row-derived dendritic cells. Int Immunopharmacol 2005;5:1523–32
- Ellertsen LK, et al. Effect of a medicinal extract from Agaricus blazei Murill on gene expression in a human monocyte cell line as examined by microarrays and immunoassays. Int Immunopharmacol 2006;6:133–43
- Nakajima A, et al. Effect of hot water extract from Agaricus blazei Murill on anti- body-producing cells in mice. Int Immunopharmacol 2002;2:1205–11. ?
- Chan Y, et al. Immunomodulatory effects of Agaricus blazei Murill in Balb ⁄ cByJ mice. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 2007;40:201–8. ?
- Shimizu S, Kitada H, Yokota H, et al. Activation of the alternative complement pathway by Agaricus blazei Murill Phytomedicine 2002; 9: 536-545
- Kuo YC, Huang YL, Chen CC, Lin YS, Chuang KA, Tsai WJ. Cell cycle progression and cytokine gene expression of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells modulated by Agaricus blazei J Lab Clin Med 2002; 140: 176-187
- Mizuno M, Morimoto M, Minato K, Tsuchida H. Polysaccharides from Agaricus blazei stimulate lymphocyte T-cell subsets in mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 1998;62:434–7
- Mizuno M, Minato K, Ito H, Kawade M, Terai H, Tsuchida H. Antitumor polysaccharide from the mycelium of liquid-cultured Agaricus blazei murrill. Biochem Mol Biol Int 1999;47:707–14
- Ohno N, Furukawa M, Miura NN, Adachi Y, Motoi M, YadomaeT. Antitumor beta glucan from the cultured fruit body of Agaricus blazei. Biol Pharm Bull 2001;24:820–8
- Sorimachi K, Akimoto K, Ikehara Y, Inafuku K, Okubo A, Yamazaki S. Secretion of TNF-alpha, IL-8 and nitric oxide by macrophages activated with Agaricus blazei Murill fractions in vitro. Cell Struct Funct 2001;26:103–8
- Kasai H, He LM, Kawamura M et al. IL-12 Production Induced by Agaricus blazei Fraction H (ABH) Involves Toll-like Receptor (TLR). Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2004;1:259–67
- Chan Y, Chang T, Chan CH et al. Immunomodulatory effects of Agaricus blazei Murill in Balb ⁄ cByJ mice. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2007;40:201–8
- Yuminamochi E, Koike T, Takeda K, Horiuchi I, Okumura K. Interleukin-12- and interferon-gamma-mediated natural killer cell activation by Agaricus blazei Murill. Immunology 2007;121:197–206
- Kuo YC, Huang YL, Chen CC, Lin YS, Chuang KA, Tsai WJ. Cell cycle progression and cytokine gene expression of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells modulated by Agaricus blazei. J Lab Clin Med 2002;140:176–87
- Shimizu S, Kitada H, Yokota H et al. Activation of the alternative complement pathway by Agaricus blazei Murill. Phytomedicine 2002;9:536–45
- Yuminamochi E, Koike T, Takeda K, Horiuchi I, Okumura K. Interleukin-12- and interferon-g-mediated natural killer cell activation by Agaricus blazei Murill. Immunology 121:197–206, 2007
- Zhong M, Tai A, Yamamoto I. In vitro augmentation of natural killer activity and interferon-g production in murine spleen cells with Agaricus blazei fruiting body fractions. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:2466–2469, 2005
- Chan Y, Chang T, Chan CH, Yeh YC, Chen CW, Shieh B, Li C. Immunomodulatory effects of Agaricus blazei Murill in Balb/cByJ mice. J Microbiol Immunol Infect 40:201–208, 2007 – Nakajima A, Ishida T, Koga M, Takeuchi T, Mazda O, Takeuchi M. Effect of hot water extract from Agaricus blazei Murill on antibody- producing cells in mice. Int Immunopharmacol 2:1205–1211, 2002
- Delmanto RD et al. Antimutagenic effect of Agaricus blazei Murrill mushroom on the genotoxicity induced by cyclophosphamide. Mutat Res (2001) 496:15–21 ?
- Menoli RCRN, Montovani MS, Ribeiro LR, Speit G and Jordão BQ (2001) Antimutagenic effects of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill extracts on V79 cells. Mutat Res 496:5-13
- Sumiya T et al Himematsutake (Iwade Strain 101) extract (ABM-FD): genetic toxicology and a 3-month dietary toxicity study in rats. Food Chem Toxicol (2008) 46:1949–1959
- Kobayashi H et al. Suppressing effects of daily oral supplementation of beta-glucan extracted from Agaricus blazei Murill on spontaneous and peritoneal disseminated metastasis in mouse model. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol (2005) 131:527–538 ?
- Lin JG et al. An extract of Agaricus blazei Murill administered orally promotes immune responses in murine leukemia BALB/c mice in vivo. Integr Cancer Ther (2012) 11:29–36 ?
- Niu YC et al. A low molecular weight polysaccharide isolated from Agaricus blazei suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis in vivo. Oncol Rep (2009) 21:145–152
- Ohno N et al. Antitumor beta glucan from the cultured fruit body of Agaricus blazei. Biol Pharm Bull 2001;24:820–8 ?
- Itoh H, Ito H, Amano H, Noda H. Inhibitory action of action of a (1–6)-ß-D-glucan-protein complex (F III-2-b) isolated from Agaricus blazei Murill (‘Himematsutake’) on Meth A fibrosarcoma-bearing mice and its antitumor mechanism Jpn J Pharmacol 1994; 66: 265-271
- Ito H, Shimura K, Itoh H, Kawade M. Antitumor effects of a new polysaccharide-protein complex (ATOM) prepare from Agaricus blazei (Iwade Strain 101) ‘Himematsutake’ and its mechanisms in tumor-bearing mice Anticancer Res 1997; 17: 277-284
- Takaku T, Kimura Y, Okuda H. Isolation of an antitumor compound from Agaricus blazei Murill and its mechanism of action J Nutr 2001; 131: 1409-1413
- R Kaneno, LM Fontanari, SA Santos, LC Di Stasi, E Rodrigues Filho, and AF Eira. Effects of extracts from Brazilian sun-mushroom (Agaricus blazei) on the NK activity and lymphoproliferative responsiveness of Ehrlich tumor-bearing mice. Food Chem Toxicol, Jun 2004; 42(6): 909-16
- ML Gonzaga, DP Bezerra, AP Alves, NM de Alencar, Rde O Mesquita, MW Lima, Sde A Soares, C Pessoa, MO de Moraes, and LV Costa-Lotufo. In vivo growth-inhibition of Sarcoma 180 by an alpha-(1–>4)-glucan-beta-(1–>6)-glucan-protein complex polysaccharide obtained from Agaricus blazei Murill. Nat Med (Tokyo), Jan 2009; 63(1): 32-40
- Takimoto H, Wakita D, Kawaguchi K, Kumazawa Y. Potentiation of cytotoxic activity in naive and tumor-bearing mice by oral administration of hot-water extracts from Agaricus blazei fruiting bodies. Biol Pharm Bull 27:404–406, 2004
- Kaneno R, Fontanari LM, Santos SA, Di Stasi LC, Rodrigues Filho E, Eira AF. Effects of extracts from Brazilian sun-mushroom (Agaricus blazei) on the NK activity and lymphoproliferative responsiveness of Ehrlich tumor-bearing mice. Food Chem Toxicol 42:909–916, 2004
- Isolation of an T.Takaku, Y.Kimura, H.H.Okuda. Antitumor Compound from Agaricus blazei Murill and Its Mechanism of Action. J. Nutr. 131: 1409 –1413, 2001
- Kimura Y, Kido T, Takaku T, Sumiyoshi M, Baba K. Isolation of an anti-angiogenic substance from Agaricus blazei Murill: its antitumor and antimetastatic actions. Cancer Sci 2004;95:758–64
- Ahn WS, Kim DJ, Chae GT et al. Natural killer cell activity and quality of life were improved by consumption of a mushroom extract, Agaricus blazei Murill Kyowa, in gynecological cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2004;14:589–94
- Fujimiya Y, Suzuki Y, Oshiman K et al. Selective tumoricidal effect of soluble proteoglucan extracted from the basidiomycete, Agaricus blazei Murill, mediated via natural killer cell activation and apoptosis. Cancer Immunol Immunother 1998;46:147–59
- Oshiman K, Fujimiya Y, Ebina T, Suzuki I, Noji M. Orally administered beta-1,6-D-polyglucose extracted from Agaricus blazei results in tumor regression in tumor-bearing mice. Planta Med 2002;68:610–4
- Kobayashi H, Yoshida R, Kanada Y et al. Suppressing effects of daily oral supplementation of beta-glucan extracted from Agaricus blazei Murill on spontaneous and peritoneal disseminated metastasis in mouse model. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2005;131:527–38
- Ebina T, Fujimiya Y. Antitumor effect of a peptide-glucan preparation extracted from Agaricus blazei in a double-grafted tumor system in mice. Biotherapy 1998;11:259–65
- Gao L, Sun Y, Chen C, Xi Y, Wang J, Wang Z. Primary mechanism of apoptosis induction in a leukemia cell line by fraction FA-2-b-ss prepared from the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill. Braz J Med Biol Res 2007;11:1545–55
- Tian X, Lun Z, Wang J, Ito H, Simura K. Clinical observation on treatment of acute nonlymphocytic leukemia with Agaricus blazei Murill. J Lanzhou Med College 1994;20:169–71
- Murakawa K, Fukunaga K, Tanouchi M, Hosokawa M, Hossain Z, Takahashi K. Therapy of myeloma in vivo using marine phospholipid in combination with Agaricus blazei Murill as an immune respond activator. J Oleo Sci 2007;56:179–88
- Forland DT et al. Effect of an extract based on the medicinal mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill on expression of cytokines and calprotectin in patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Scand J Immunol (2011) 73:66–75 ?
- LF Barbisan. Chemoprevention of preneoplastic liver foci development by dietary mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill in the rat. Food Chem Toxicol, Nov 2003; 41(11): 1543-50
- LF Barbisan, C Scolastici, M Miyamoto, DM Salvadori, LR Ribeiro, AF da Eira, and JL de Camargo. Effects of crude extracts of Agaricus blazei on DNA damage and on rat liver carcinogenesis induced by diethylnitrosamine. Genet Mol Res, Jan 2003; 2(3): 295-308
- RD Delmanto, PL de Lima, MM Sugui, AF da Eira, DM Salvadori, G Speit, and LR Ribeiro Antimutagenic effect of Agaricus blazei Murrill mushroom on the genotoxicity induced by cyclophosphamide.. Mutat Res, Sep 2001; 496(1-2): 15-21
- RC Menoli, MS Mantovani, LR Ribeiro, G Speit, and BQ Jordao Antimutagenic effects of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murrill extracts on V79 cells. Mutat Res, Sep 2001; 496(1-2): 5-13
- MP Machado, ER Filho, AP Terezan, LR Ribeiro, and MS Mantovani. Cytotoxicity, genotoxicity and antimutagenicity of hexane extracts of Agaricus blazei determined in vitro by the comet assay and CHO/HGPRT gene mutation assay. Toxicol In Vitro, Jun 2005; 19(4): 533-9
- JP Angeli, LR Ribeiro, ML Gonzaga, Sde A Soares, MP Ricardo, MS Tsuboy, R Stidl, S Knasmueller, RE Linhares, and MS Mantovani Protective effects of beta-glucan extracted from Agaricus brasiliensis against chemically induced DNA damage in human lymphocytes. Cell Biol Toxicol, Jul 2006; 22(4): 285-91
- H Itoh, H Ito, and H Hibasami. Blazein of a new steroid isolated from Agaricus blazei Murrill (himematsutake) induces cell death and morphological change indicative of apoptotic chromatin condensation in human lung cancer LU99 and stomach cancer KATO III cells. Oncol Rep, Dec 2008; 20(6): 1359-61
- Martins de Oliveira J, Jorda˜o BQ, Ribeiro LR, Ferreira da Eira A, Mantovani MS. Anti-genotoxic effect of aqueous extracts of sun mushroom (Agaricus blazei Murill lineage 99 ⁄ 26) in mammalian cells in vitro. Food Chem Toxicol 2002;40:1775–80
- Kubo N, Myojin Y, Shimamoto F et al. Protective effects of a watersoluble extract from cultured medium of Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) mycelia and Agaricus blazei murill against X-irradiation in B6C3F1 mice: increased small intestinal crypt survival and prolongation of average time to animal death. Int J Mol Med 2005;15:401–6
- Sorimachi K, Akimoto K, Koge T. Inhibitory Effect of Agaricus blazei Murill Components on Abnormal Collagen Fiber Formation in Human Hepatocarcinoma Cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2008;72:621–3
- Oh TW et al Semipuri- fied fractions from the submerged-culture broth of Agaricus blazei Murill reduce blood glucose levels in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Agric Food Chem (2010) 58:4113–4119 ?
- Chung-Hua Hsu, Yang-Li Liao, Su-Ching Lin, Kung-Chang Hwang, Pesus Chou. The Mushroom Agaricus Blazei Murill in Combination with Metformin and Gliclazide Improves Insulin Resistance in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized, Double-blinded, and Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. January 2007, Vol. 13, No. 1: 97-102
- Bernardshaw S, et al. An extract of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill administered orally protects against systemic Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in mice. Scand J Immunol. 2005 Oct;62(4):393-8 ?
- Grinde B, et al. Effects on gene expression and viral load of a medicinal extract from Agaricus blazei in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection. Int Immunopharm. 6 (2006) 1311–1314. ?
- Bernardshaw S, et al. An extract of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill protects against lethal septicemia in a mouse model of fecal peritonitis. Shock. 2006 Apr;25(4):420-5. ?
- Faccin LC, et al. Antiviral activity of aqueous and ethanol extracts and of an isolated polysaccharide from Agaricus brasiliensis against poliovirus type 1. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2007 Jul;45(1):24-8 ?
- Hetland G. et al. Antimicrobial effects of β-glucans and pectin and of the Agaricus blazei- based mushroom extract, AndoSanTM. Examples of mouse models for pneumococcal-, fecal bacterial-, and mycobacterial infections. Formatex (2013) 889-898
- Sorimachi K, et al. Inhibition by Agaricus blazei Murill fractions of cytopathic effect induced by western equine encephalitis (WEE) virus on VERO cells in vitro. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001 Jul;65(7):1645-7. ?
- Valadares DG et al Leishmanicidal activity of the Agaricus blazei Murill in different Leishmania species. Parasitol Int (2011) 60:357–363 ?
- Valadares DG et al Therapeutic efficacy induced by the oral administration of Agaricus blazei Murill against Leishmania amazonensis. Parasitol Res (2012) 111:1807–1816 ?
- Valadares DG, Duarte MC, Ramirez L, Chavez-Fumagalli MA, Martins VT, Costa LE et al (2012) Prophylactic or therapeutic administration of Agaricus blazei Murill is effective in treatment of murine visceral leishmaniasis. Exp Parasitol 132:228–236 ?
- Cardozo FT et al. Antiherpetic activity of a sulfated polysaccharide from Agaricus brasiliensis mycelia. Antiviral Res (2011) 92:108–114 ?
- Hsu CH et al. The mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill extract normalizes liver function in patients with chronic hepatitis B. J Altern Complement Med (2008) 14:299–301
- Chung-Hua Hsu, Kung-Chang Hwang, Yi-Hsiung Chiang, Pesus Chou. The Mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill Extract Normalizes Liver Function in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. April 2008, 14(3): 299-301
- Grinde B, Hetland G, Johnson E. Effects on gene expression and viral load of a medicinal extract from Agaricus blazei in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection. Int Immunopharmacol 2006;6:1311–4
- Chen L, Shao HJ, Su YB. Coimmunization of Agaricus blazei Murill extract with hepatitis B virus core protein through DNA vaccine enhances cellular and humoral immune responses. Int Immunopharmacol 2004;4:403–9
- Chung-Hua Hsu, Kung-Chang Hwang, Yi-Hsiung Chiang, Pesus Chou The Mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill Extract Normalizes Liver Function in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Apr 2008, Vol. 14, No. 3: 299-301
- Reynolds JA, Kastello MD, Harrington DG et al. Glucan-induced enhancement of host resistance to selected infectious diseases. Infect Immun 1980;30:51–7
- Seljelid R, Rasmussen LT, Larm O, Hoffman J. The protective effect of beta 1-3D-glucan-derivatized plastic beads against Escherichia coli infection in mice. Scand J Immunol 1987;25:55–60
- Babineau TJ, Hackford A, Kenler A et al. A phase II multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of three dosages of an immunomodulator (PGG-glucan) in high-risk surgical patients. Arch Surg 1994;129:1204–10
- Hetland G, Ohno N, Aaberge IS, Løvik M. Protective effect of b-glucan against systemic Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in mice. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 2000;27:111–6
- Sorimachi K, Ikehara Y, Maezato G et al. Inhibition by Agaricus blazei Murill fractions of cytopathic effect induced by western equine encephalitis (WEE) virus on VERO cells in vitro. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2001;65:1645–7
- Tryggestad AMA, Espevik T, Førland DT, Ryan L, Hetland G. The Medical Mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill Activates NF-jB via TLR2. 13th International Congress of Immunology, Rio de Janeiro, 2007: P2.23 INI-02 Signalling pathways of innate immune receptors; P1193
- Bernardshaw S, Hetland G, Grinde B, Johnson E. An extract of the mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill protects against lethal septicaemia in a mouse model for fecal peritonitis. Shock 2006;25:420–5
- Tsai S-Y, Antioxidant properties of Agaricus blazei, Agrocybe cylindracea, and Boletus edulis. Food Sci Technol (2007) 40:1392–1402 ?
- de Sa-Nakanishi AB et al. Effects of treating old rats with an aqueous Agaricus blazei extract on oxidative and functional parameters of the brain tissue and brain mitochondria. Oxid Med Cell Longev (2014) 2014:563179?
- Carvajal AESS et al Bioactives of fruiting bodies and submerged culture mycelia of Agaricus brasiliensis (A. blazei) and their antioxidant properties. Food Sci Technol (2012) 46:493–499